Being that we at Gamer Reaction are big fans of Dragon Age (and most everything Bioware does), we experienced a collective pants-shitting this morning when Dragon Age II was officially announced. So far, there isn’t a TON of new info, but what is available, we have here for you. Also, by the time you read this, it should be available for pre-order at most local retailers and online shoppes (I used old English for that because it felt more authentic). We’ve got some concept art and info straight from the press release:
|From Drop Box|
You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.
* Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
* Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
* Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
* Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
* Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
|From Drop Box|
Enough to wet your whistle but not quite enough to blow. So there are no new classes, but I’m sure the old three will be restructured some. Also, “…from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land” kinda makes me feel like Spartacus. And thats not necessarily a bad thing. Kirk Douglas had quite a manly chin cleft. We should all aspire to be more like him anyway. You will also be playing a new character in new areas that weren’t available in the first game. This is NOT a continuation of Dragon Age: Origins, so if you are in love with your character from the original, you’ve got a tough breakup coming your way. I’m sure there will be more to come, so stick with GR for all the upcoming Dragon Age II news, and we’ll give it to ya. Hard.